Here are two pictures that Ella drew of her favorite book characters.
1 lb Sausage (loose)
1 medium Onion (chopped)
3 large White Potatoes (cut in half then 1/4 inch slices)
1/4 cup Bacon (chopped)
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 cups Kale (torn into bite sized pieces)
1 cup Half and Half
1 quart Water
pinch Cayanne Pepper
2 cups Chicken Broth
1. Cook sausage in pan
2. Remove sausage to bowl
3. Cook bacon in same pan
4. Remove bacon and chop
5. Cook onion in same pan until transluscent
6. Add sausage, onion, potatoes, garlic, chicken broth, water, and cayanne pepper to pot
7. Cook on medium until potatoes are soft
8. Lightly mash about half of the potatoes
9. Add the bacon, kale, and half and half
10. Salt and pepper to taste
The first zucchini are out and just about sold. So begins a new selling season. I expect to put out some new red potatoes in the next week. Three stands are open, and three more to put out.
This year’s pigs are installed and have been upgraded with an automatic waterer and automatic feeder. Both ideas came from online instructions/tutorials. It was amazing how quickly the pigs figured out how to get the doors open to get the food. It took them about 3 minutes.